System Documentation Templates
These Documentation Templates for IT Application Management support fast and quite complete creation of this important system documentation. Excellent system documentation really improve production quality and reliability - and that's why auditors ask for it!
|1 -||Template Server- and Application Inventory|
|2 -||Template Data Centre Operations Manual|
|3 -||Template IT System Operations Manual|
|4 -||Documentation Template for Application Interfaces|
|5 -||SLA / OLA for Backup and Recovery|
- Use this template to create those lists you really need!
- List all Servers and Applications and map what's running where.
- No software to install - a simple spreadsheet which fits the purpose.
Start now - the longer you wait, the more cumbersome the collection later!
- For small and medium Data Centres
- Focus on Data Centre Infrastructure
A mandatory item for reliable operations. Even if your staff has everything in mind, you can't prove it to auditors - they like "documented evidence"!
Sooner or later you will need it
- Use or template to check your existing operations manual for completeness!
- Write it now, before the auditor reports a missing operations manual.
Data Exchange between Applications is the MAJOR Challenge for Application Support!
- Use this template to document each interface!
Template: "5 - SLA / OLA for Backup and Recovery
This 50+ page template addresses not only simple standard backup and restore, but additionally special restore situations, backup testing, backup optimization.... - Check the "Table of Contents!" and Product Description!
All auditors require requires that all duties are clearly assigned (and documented), but especially during SOX (Sarbanes Oxley Act) compliance audits the focus on this topic is even higher than usual.
Real-World Experience shows that the borders between DBA and Application support are astonishing UNclear!
- Don't leave any room for discussion that's "the other, but not we".
- Execute a self assessment using our template - and be prepared for surprise!
If you have just a job role "DBA", but not a dedicated job role "Application DBA" those 19 duties must be explicitly assigned to either "Application Support" or to the "DBA" - otherwise they might not be executed!
Detect unassigned tasks before an auditor reports them !